Friday 5 March 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Beat the Devil, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1954 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Barry Lee Fairchild: American convicted murderer (d. 1995).
- Barry Fairchild: American murderer (d. 1995).
- Steve Prestwich: Australian drummer musician and songwriter (Cold Chisel Little River Band).
- Jack Stamp: American conductor and composer.
- Marsha Warfield: American actress.
- Julian Lowell Coolidge: mathematician (Study-Segre school), dies at age 80.
- Girl in Pink Tights opens at Mark Hellinger NYC for 115 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?