Friday 5 December 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Day the Earth Stood Still, directed by Scott Derrickson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 December 2008 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- The US White House and congressional democrats agree on a plan to provide a US$15 billion emergency loan to the country's automakers.
- The Federated States of Micronesia recognize Kosovo. (New Kosova Report)
- O. J. Simpson is sentenced to 15-33 years in prison with eligibility for parole after 9 years for kidnapping and robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas, Nevada, casino. (AFP via ''Melbourne Age'')
- Sri Lankan Civil War: the Sri Lankan military enters Alampil, nearing the primary LTTE-held town of Mullaitivu. (BBC)
- NASA delays the launch of the Mars Science Laboratory by two years because of lengthening delays and lingering technical issues. (NY Times)
- A bombing in the Pakistani province of Peshawar kills 17 people. (Associated Press)
- MIT says it has succeeded in using radio waves to mix 50,000,000 °C plasma at its Alcator C-Mod fusion reactor. (Electronic Engineering Times)
- First commercial use of Evolved HSPA cellular technology by Australian operator Telstra. (ITWire)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?