Wednesday 24 December 2008, Christmas Eve
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vaulting.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Ai Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 December 2008 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
- Lord's Resistance Army, a Ugandan rebel group, begins a series of attacks on Democratic Republic of the Congo, massacring more than 400.
- Mohamoud Mohamed Gacmodhere, who was appointed Prime Minister of Somalia by President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed last week, resigns. (BBC)
- The National Diet of Japan approves a record budget of ¥88.55 trillion (US$980 billion) in response to the global economic downturn. (AFP via Google News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?