Tuesday 9 December 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
Revolutionary Road, directed by Sam Mendes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A World of Her PWN.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ape Quest or Bleach: The 3rd Phantom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 December 2008 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 December
- Ibrahim Dossey: Ghanaian footballer (Born 1972).
- The Governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, is arrested by federal officials for a number of alleged crimes including attempting to sell the United States Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Barack Obama's election to the Presidency.
- Democratic Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich is arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents at his Chicago home, amidst allegations of corruption and pay-to-play regarding the replacement for United States President-elect Barack Obama in the Senate. (MarketWatch)
- Almost 1,400 workers are laid off in the Republic of Ireland as a result of the 2008 Irish pork crisis. (BBC)
- Sony Corporation announces plans to cut 8,000 jobs and close 10% of its manufacturing plants. (BBC)
- United Nations-mediated peace talks commence in Nairobi, Kenya, between the government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the National Congress for the Defence of the People. (CNN)
- Canadian Member of Parliament Bob Rae announces his withdrawal from the leadership campaign of the Liberal Party, leaving the position (and that of the Leader of the Opposition and the leadership of the proposed opposition coalition) open to fellow MP Michael Ignatieff. (CBC)
- Former Prime Minister of the Republic of Macedonia Vlado Bučkovski is sentenced to three and a half years in jail for abuse of power. (Forbes)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?