Monday 5 January 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1953 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Pamela Sue Martin in Westport: Connecticut, USA; actress (Nancy Drew, Fallon - Dynasty).
- Steve Archer: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Archers).
- Pamela Martin: American actress.
- Mike Rann: English-Australian journalist and politician 44th Premier of South Australia.
- George Tenet: American civil servant, university professor and 18th Director of Central Intelligence.
- Jim Gantner: American baseball player with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Samuel Beckett's play ''Waiting For Godot'' has its first public stage première in French as ''En attendant Godot'' at the Théâtre de Babylone in Paris.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 January 1953 and get them!