Thursday 22 January 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 22 January 1953 ?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Jim Jarmusch: American film-maker with a Czech-German-French-Irish background.
- Winfried Berkemeier: German footballer and manager.
- Myung-whun Chung: South Korean pianist and conductor.
- Myung-Whun Chung: Seoul, South Korea -- Pianist / conductor.
- ''The Crucible'', a drama by Arthur Miller, opens on Broadway.
- Mau Mau Uprising: Rebels in Kenya kill the Ruck family (father, mother and six-year-old son).
- Walter Ulbricht announces that the agriculture will be collectivized in East Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 January 1953 and get them!