Tuesday 8 September 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence Weatherspoon and Tomur Barnes.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Kes, directed by Kenneth Loach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doctor Dolittle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1970 ?
- Clarence Weatherspoon: NBA forward (Philadelphia 76ers).
- Tomur Barnes: NFL cornerback (Houston Oilers).
- Yuji Nishizawa: Japanese hijacker.
- Brad Cain: American professional wrestler.
- Lodi : American wrestler.
- Neko Case: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Paul DiPietro: Canadian-born Swiss ice hockey player
- Nidal Hasan: American soldier and psychiatrist
- Latrell Sprewell: American basketball player
- Andy Ward: Irish rugby player and coach
- Percy Spencer: inventor of the microwave oven, (Born 1894).
- Hijacking (and subsequent destruction) of three airliners to Jordan by Palestinians; the events to follow would later become known as Black September
- September 10 ampndash The Jordanian government and Palestinian guerillas make truces they keep breaking.
- Guinea recognizes East Germany.
- Elvis Presley begins his first concert tour since 1958 in Phoenix, Arizona at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- Cambodian government forces break the siege of Kompong Tho after 3 months.
- The Chevrolet Vega is introduced.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?