Sunday 13 September 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Latupeirissa and Martin Herrera.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tristana, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Young Rebels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1970 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Marc Latupeirissa: Soccer player (Willem II).
- Martin Herrera: former Argentine footballer.
- Lee Abramson: American bass player and composer (d. 2016).
- Martín Herrera: Argentinian footballer.
- Louise Lombard: English actress.
- Yuki Matsuoka: Japanese voice actress
- Jason Sadofsky: American historian and programmer founded textfiles.com
- 1st NYC Marathon won by Gary Muhrcke in 2:31:38
- 84th US Womens Tennis: M Smith Court beats Rosemary Casals (62 26 61)
- 90th US Mens Tennis: Ken Rosewall beats Tony Roche (26 64 76 63)
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Wendell-West Golf Open
- Palestine guerillas conquer Irbid Jordania
- IBM announces System 370 computer.
- The first New York City Marathon begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?