Wednesday 16 September 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Marshall and Paul Shuey.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NFL Monday Night Football.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1970 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Anthony Marshall: NFL safety (Chicago Bears).
- Paul Shuey: Lima, Ohio -- Pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Mark Schultz: American singer-songwriter.
- Jordan King Hussein forms military government
- King Hussein of Jordan declares military rule following the hijacking of four civilian airliners by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). This results in the formation of the Black September Palestinian paramilitary unit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Dawn - Candida
- Bread - Make It With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?