Thursday 3 September 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1970 ?
- Jeremy Glick: American United Airlines Flight 93 passenger (d. 2001).
- George Lynch: American basketball player and manager.
- Gareth Southgate: English footballer and manager.
- Uzooma Okeke: CFL guard (Montreal Alouettes).
- After NL record 1,117 consecutive games, Billy Williams asks to sit out
- Bill Haley & His Comets reject $30,000 for 15 date tour of Australia
- Indonesian President Suharto visits Netherlands
- September 6 ampndash Israeli forces fight Palestinian guerillas in southern Lebanon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Bread - Make It With You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?