Monday 14 September 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tristana, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1970 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Satoshi Kojima: Wrestler (NJPW).
- Francesco Casagrande: Italian cyclist.
- Ben Garant: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Jason Martin: Australian rugby player singer and guitarist.
- Craig Montoya: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Everclear).
- Rudolph Carnap: German philosopher / mathematician, dies at 79.
- Stevie Miracle marries Rita Wright, [Syreeta]
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 September 1970 and get them!