Wednesday 9 January 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK When You Believe by Leon Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
Cloverfield, directed by Matt Reeves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Double Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 January 2008 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
- 70-car pileup along Interstate 4 in Florida, USA, due to fog and smoke. Five deaths.
- China will ban stores from handing out plastic bags as of June 2008. (BBC)
- After conducting further research, NASA astronomers have determined that asteroid 2007 WD5 now has a 0.01% chance of striking Mars on January 30, 2008, effectively ruling out an impact. (NASA)
- India's Tata Motors launches the world's cheapest production car, Tata Nano, in Pragati Maidan, Delhi. (CNN-IBN)
- The price of gold in the London Gold Fixing rises above €600 per troy ounce for the first time. (€603.528, a.m. Fixing.) (LBMA)
- Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission charges Lucky Igbinedion, the former governor of Edo State, with 142 counts of money laundering. He is the eighth governor charged with corruption-related charges. (BBC News)
- Peter de Villiers is appointed the first black coach of the South African rugby union team. (''The Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?