Friday 13 January 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edgardo Cozarinsky and Jacek Gmoch.
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1939 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Edgardo Cozarinsky: Argentinian author screenwriter and director.
- Jacek Gmoch: Polish footballer and coach.
- Cesare Maniago: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jacob Ruppert: CEO (New York Yankees, 1915-39), dies.
- Belgian premier signs Burgos-treaty for trade relations with Franco.
- The Black Friday bush fires burn 20,000 square kilometres of land in Australia, claiming the lives of 71 people.
- Black Friday: 71 people die across Victoria in one of Australia's worst ever bushfires.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?