Friday 20 January 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Murle Breer and Nalin Chandra Wickramasinghe.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1939 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Murle Breer: LPGA golfer.
- Nalin Chandra Wickramasinghe: Indian astronomer.
- Paul Coverdell: American captain and politician (d. 2000).
- Chandra Wickramasinghe: Sri Lankan-English mathematician astronomer and biologist.
- Hitler proclaims to German parliament to exterminate all European Jews
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?