Thursday 13 July 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Men, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1950 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- George D "Pinky" Nelson: Iowa, United States -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 41C, STS 61-C, STS-26).
- Pinky Nelson: American astronaut, a member of the Discovery crew September 1988.
- Ernst Ott: Swiss/German professional astrologer, the advocate of a psychological and spiritual orientated astrology.
- Rod Dixon: New Zealand runner.
- George Nelson: American astronomer and astronaut.
- Ma Ying-jeou: Hong Kong-Taiwanese commander and politician 12th President of the Republic of China
- Jurelang Zedkaia: Marshallese politician 5th President of the Marshall Islands (d. 2015)
- Doctors remove 7 bone fragments from Ted Williams elbow
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?