Monday 17 July 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1950 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Derek de Lint: Dutch actor.
- Damon Harris: American singer (The Temptations) (d. 2013).
- P Soles: German-American actress.
- Robert Deleuse: French novelist, short story writer, essayist, adapter, translator, and literary events designer.
- PJ Soles: German-born American actress.
- Phoebe Snow: American singer and songwriter who released her first album in 1975. Snow's works include "Second Childhood," 1976 and "Rock Away," 1981.She is oerhaps best known for her 1975 hit "Poetry Man."
- Gordon Brown: Former American astrologer, the head of "Aquariana Software Design" in San Diego, which did put out astrological software. He formerly worked as a radio announcer at a classical music station and a college instructor in logic and critical thinking. Brown had been a student of astrology since 1976 and has dabbled in computer programming as a hobby. For several years, he created and documented a program, Exemplar, which was designed to reach "person-oriented" astrologers.
- Indonesian troops land on Buru, South-Molukka
- The Suppression of Communism Act, passed on June 26, comes into force in South Africa.
- Florence Chadwick swims across the English Channel in 13 hours, 22 minutes.
- A bomb-laden B-29 Superfortress crashes into a residential area in California 17 are killed, 68 injured.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?