Monday 17 July 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include PJ Soles and Gordon Brown.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1950 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- PJ Soles: German-born American actress.
- Gordon Brown: Former American astrologer, the head of "Aquariana Software Design" in San Diego, which did put out astrological software.
- Robert Deleuse: French novelist, short story writer, essayist, adapter, translator, and literary events designer.
- Phoebe Snow: American singer and songwriter who released her first album in 1975.
- Derek de Lint: Dutch actor.
- Indonesian troops land on Buru, South-Molukka
- The Suppression of Communism Act, passed on June 26, comes into force in South Africa.
- Florence Chadwick swims across the English Channel in 13 hours, 22 minutes.
- A bomb-laden B-29 Superfortress crashes into a residential area in California 17 are killed, 68 injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - La Vie En Rose
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Mitch Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?