Monday 3 July 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Flame and the Arrow, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1950 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Jim Hahn: American politician, a lifelong resident of Los Angeles.
- Ewen Chatfield: New Zealand cricketer.
- James Hahn: American judge and politician 40th Mayor of Los Angeles.
- Jan Zajic: Czechoslovakian activist, a student and patriot who became a national hero when he burned himself to death in response to the Soviet Invasion on 8/21/1968.
- Damon Harris: Baltimore, Maryland -- Rocker (Temptations-My Girl).
- 1st time US and North Korean forces clash in Korean War
- Casey Stengel asks Joe DiMaggio to play 1st base (handles 13 chances)
- First time US and North Korean forces clash in the Korean War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tzena, Tzena, Tzena - Weavers (Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra)
- Mona Lisa - Victor Young & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cherry)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?