Wednesday 10 October 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melissa Belote and Amanda Burton.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les belles histoires des pays d'en haut.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1956 ?
- Melissa Belote: 100m / 200m swimmer (1972 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals).
- Amanda Burton: Northern Irish actress and producer.
- Fiona Fullerton: Nigerian-English actress and singer.
- Mark Gordon: American director and producer.
- David Hempleman-Adams: English businessman and adventurer.
- Fazal Mahmood takes 13-114 for match vs. Aus, Karachi
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?