Thursday 11 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Around the World in Eighty Days, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1956 ?
- Eduardo Félix: Mexican drug trafficker.
- Nicanor Duarte: Paraguayan lawyer and politician President of Paraguay.
- Derek Ringer: Scottish race car driver.
- Nicanor Duarte Frutos: former President of Paraguay, Senator for life.
- 1st Pakistan vs. Australia Test 95 runs scored on 1st day
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?