Thursday 25 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1956 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Jüri Mõis: Estonian businessman and politician Estonian Minister of the Interior.
- Paul Regina: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Matthias Jabs: Rock guitarist (Scorpions-Wind of Change).
- Risto Ryti: Finnish Minister / Premier / President, dies at 67.
- White Sox manager Marty Marion resigns. AL Lopez replaces him
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 1956 and get them!