Monday 18 May 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Up, directed by Pete Docter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The 8th Confession by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Queen Seondeok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 or Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 May 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 May
- Sri Lankan Civil War: The LTTE are defeated by the Sri Lankan government, ending almost 26 years of fighting between the two sides.
- Dalia Grybauskaitė is elected as the first female President of Lithuania. (BBC)
- National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi's trial for violating house arrest begins in Burma. (BBC)
- Sri Lanka's government declares an end to its civil war with the Tamil Tigers. (AFP)
- Chad admits that its military has performed three incursions into Sudan. (BBC)
- Somalia requests international assistance to establish an anti-piracy coast guard. (BBC)
- Twenty members of the United Kingdom's Parliament demand House of Commons Speaker Michael Martin's resignation, amid an expenses controversy. ''(The Daily Telegraph)''
- The European Commission's headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, is evacuated because of a fire. (RTÉ)
- Former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is accused of quoting the Bible while briefing then-President George W. Bush. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama urges Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to accept a Palestinian state. (Reuters)
- Italian Camorra leader Raffaele Amato is arrested in Marbella, Spain. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?