Wednesday 19 November 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 November 2008 ?
- Pieter : Dutch royalty, the second-born child of Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk who were married in a civil ceremony on 25 August 2005 at the Het Loo Palace, Apeldoorn, followed by a religious ceremony on 27 August 2005 at the Grote of St. Jeroenskerk, currently known as Oude Jeroenskerk, in Noordwijk.
- Noah Ritter: YouTube Star.
- Gregory Bryant-Bey: American convicted murderer (Born 1955).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls below 8000.
- The International Monetary Fund approves a US$2.1 billion rescue package for Iceland following its financial crisis. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The Supreme Court of California agrees to hear a challenge to Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Supreme Court of Nepal approves foreign same-sex marriage for Nepalese citizens. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Amnesty International's report on the 2008 South Ossetia war highlights Georgia's role as aggressor and notes evidence of ampquotnotoriously inaccurateampquot Georgian artillery fire resulting in ampquotscoresampquot of civilian deaths in South Ossetia, of aimed artillery fire at Russian peacekeepers base, and of Russian failure to provide defense to civilians during the conflict. (AP via CBS)
- Piracy in Somalia:
- The Indian Navy frigate INS ''Tabar'' destroys a pirate ship and forces the abandonment of another pirate vessel off the coast of Somalia. (BBC News)
- The MV ''Delight'', a Hong Kong cargo ship carrying 36,000nbsptons of wheat and 25 crew members is hijacked near Yemen's coast in the Gulf of Aden. (CNN)
- A Thai fishing ship with 16 crew members is hijacked off the coast of the Horn of Africa. (AsiaOne)
- New Zealand and Australian researchers identify a new species of penguin, the Waitaha penguin (''Megadyptes waitaha''), which lived in New Zealand until its extinction 500 years ago. (BBC)
- NASA successfully tests the first deep-space communications protocol to pave the way for Interplanetary Internet. (MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?