Friday 19 September 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2008 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- September 25 – Typhoon Hagupit kills 17 in China, eight in the Philippines, one in Taiwan, and 41 in Vietnam.
- Four people die in a plane crash in Columbia, South Carolina with Travis Barker, formerly of Blink 182, and DJ AM being critically injured. (AP via CNN)
- Financial crisis of 2007–2010
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and United Kingdom Financial Services Authority take emergency action to temporarily ban short-selling of financial companies stock. (AP via Google News)
- The United States Department of the Treasury guarantees money market mutual funds up to an amount of $50 billion to guarantee their viability. (''The New York Times'')
- The New York Stock Exchange responds positively to these initiatives with the Dow Jones Industrial Average rising by 390 points. (''The New York Times'')
- Nigerian Oil Crisis
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta announces that it has blown up a pipeline operated by Royal Dutch Shell. (BBC News)
- Nigerian oil production has been reduced by 280,000 barrels per day since renewed attacks on oil facilities began. (''Bloomberg'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?