Friday 26 September 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Finances of the Grand Duke, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 26 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- Swiss pilot and inventor Yves Rossy becomes first person to fly a jet engine-powered wing across the English Channel.
- Senators John McCain and Barack Obama take part in the first of the United States presidential election debates. (ABC News Australia)
- 2008 Chinese Milk Scandal: Japan and Hong Kong detect melamine in Chinese food products including breakfast cereals and crackers. (AP via ''Houston Chronicle'')
- German commandos storm a KLM airliner at Cologne-Bonn Airport and arrest two men suspected of planning to carry out a terrorist attack. (AFP via News Limited)
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- In the biggest bank failure in American history, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation seizes Washington Mutual and sells most of the bank to JPMorgan Chase. (FDIC)
- A Ukrainian vessel carrying 30 T-72 tanks is captured by pirates 200 miles off Somalian coast. Russia sends its military ship to combat piracy in Somalia. (''The New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 September 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?