Saturday 25 September 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, directed by Jaromil Jires, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1971 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tony Harrison: WLAF receiver (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Nikos Boudouris: Greek basketball player and manager.
- Brian Dunkleman: American actor and television host.
- John Lynch: American football player and sportscaster.
- Seb Sanders: English jockey.
- Jessie Wallace: English actress
- TC Jones: Female impersonator, dies of cancer at 50.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?