Sunday 24 June 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 June 2007 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 June
- A wildfire starts in South Lake Tahoe eventually destroying 254 homes in the area.
- The Angora Fire starts near South Lake Tahoe, California, destroying over 200 structures in its first 48 hours.
- Mauricio Macri, a member of the National Congress of Argentina and president of Boca Juniors, is elected as the Chief of Government of Buenos Aires. (Reuters via CNN)
- Ali Hassan al-Majid, better known as ampquotChemical Ali,ampquot is sentenced to death for his role in killing 180,000 Kurds under Saddam Hussein. (BBC via ABC News Australia)
- A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others. (BBC)
- More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan. (ITV)
- ''Government of the United Kingdom:''
- Gordon Brown becomes the Leader of the Labour Party, replacing Prime Minister Tony Blair. Brown will replace Blair on 27 June. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?