Thursday 25 June 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 June 2009 ?
- Sky Saxon: American singer-songwriter and bassist (The Seeds) (d. 2009).
- Michael Jackson: American child of noted parent, his dad is singer/dancer Michael Jackson.
- Farrah Fawcett: American actress, a model and commercial actress before becoming a star during her one season in the TV hit series "Charlie's Angels," 1976.
- Anil Wilson: Indian educationist (Born 1947).
- Yasmine: Belgian singer (Born 1972).
- A mourning ceremony for protesters who died in the post-election protests is cancelled. (RTÉ)
- Over 180 MPs refuse an invitation to attend a celebration of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election win. (Zee News)
- Campaigning begins for a legislative election in Iraqi Kurdistan. (BBC)
- Venezuela and the United States say they will restore their ambassadors. (''The Irish Times'')
- A roadside bomb kills five Iraqi policemen in the western city of Fallujah. (''The Irish Times'')
- The last leg of the 2008–09 Volvo Ocean Race gets underway in Stockholm. (''Irish Independent'')
- The Russian Supreme Court orders a retrial for three men on charges related to the murder of journalist Anna Politkovskaya. (RIA Novosti)
- Honduran President Manuel Zelaya fires his armed forces chief after he refuses to give logistical support for a referendum on constitutional change. The Supreme Court then orders that he be returned to his job immediately. (BBC)
- Qantas Airways cancelled half of a 30-plan order for 787 Dreamliners from Boeing Co., a cancellation that may amount to a $3.1 billion hit for Boeing. (Bloomberg)
- Cristiano Ronaldo completes a world record transfer fee of 80 million pounds which sends him to Real Madrid from Manchester United. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?