Tuesday 9 June 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
The Hangover, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AC-130: Operation Devastation or Ceville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 9 June 2009 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 June
- Dick May: Former NASCAR racecar driver (Born 1930).
- Romania's newly elected right-wing Greater Romania Party MEP George ampquotGigiampquot Becali is ordered by court not to leave the country. (BBC)
- Three workers are missing after an explosion at a ConAgra Foods plant in Garner, North Carolina, United States. (CNN)
- 2009 swine flu outbreak: World Health Organisation Director-General Margaret Chan believes ampquoton the surface of itampquot that a pandemic has been reached. She also said that ampquotonce I get indisputable evidence, I will make the announcement,ampquot and will meet with governments on Wednesday regarding reports about the outbreak. (Associated Press via Breitbart.com)
- Indians in Australia allege more attacks against them in Sydney. (BBC)
- Dáil Éireann debates a motion of no confidence against the Government of Ireland as George Lee and Maureen O'Sullivan make their debuts in the 30th Dáil. (RTÉ)
- Two Democrats cross party lines and join Republicans to swing control of the Senate of the U.S. state of New York to the Republican Party. (WCBS New York)
- Royal Dutch Shell is to pay out $15.5m (£9.7m) in a legal settlement over its alleged complicity in the 1995 execution of several Nigerian environmental activists, including author Ken Saro-Wiwa, in Nigeria in 1995. (Sky News)
- Nick Griffin, the leader of the British National Party, is pelted with eggs by protestors and forced to abandon a press conference. (BBC)
- Lloyds Banking Group announce the closure of all Cheltenham Gloucester branches in the UK and the loss of about 1,660 jobs. (BBC)
- The trial of William Jefferson, a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives, on charges of bribery and racketeering gets underway. (Washington Post)
- The chairman of Anglo Irish Bank discloses to the Oireachtas Committee on Finance and Public Service that some senior staff at the bank have impaired loans to the bank. (RTÉ)
- A study suggests that the HIV prevalence rate in South Africa has leveled off at 10.9% and it could be falling in the under-19 age group. (BBC)
- An explosion kills 11 people and injures at least 46 at a hotel in Peshawar, Pakistan. (RTÉ)
- A notebook of Pablo Picasso sketches worth several million euro is discovered stolen from the Musée Picasso in Paris. (''The Irish Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?