Monday 29 June 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellie Ana .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Comet Crash or Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 June 2009 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Joe Bowman: American sharpshooter, Hollywood consultant, bootmaker & master showman (d. 2009).
- Bernard Madoff is sentenced to 150 years in prison for "extraordinarily evil" crimes in Wall Street's biggest and most brazen investment fraud.
- The Preparatory Commission for the International Renewable Energy Agency designates the headquarters of the organization to Masdar City, Abu Dhabi. ''(Deutsche Welle)''
- Scientific tests show bones housed in the Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls in Rome are those of the apostle Saint Paul himself, according to Pope Benedict XVI. (CNN)
- Bernard Madoff is sentenced to 150 years in prison for investment fraud. (''The New York Times'')
- The United States Air Force test fires an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from the coast of California to a point in the Pacific Ocean about 4,200 miles (6,750 km) away. (AP via KFMB)
- Two passenger trains collide in Chenzhou, Hunan in central China, leaving at least three people dead and 60 injured. (Xinhua)
- Five out of nine local staff from the British embassy in Tehran, Iran, who were recently arrested, are released. (BBC)
- The Iranian Guardian Council certifies the controversial presidential election. (''The New York Times'')
- The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will travel to Burma on Friday to press the country on democratic reform. (BBC)
- The opposition gained a large victory in Argentine legislative elections, leading party leader Néstor Kirchner to step down. (BBC)
- The U.S. resumes secret surveillance flights to aid Pakistani commanders. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?