Friday 30 August 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1963 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Oderus Urungus: American vocalist (GWAR).
- John King: American television news analyst and host of his own cable television show entitled "State of the Union" on CNN beginning in January2009.
- Val Piriou: French fashion designer.
- Dave Brockie: Canadian-American singer-songwriter and bass player (Gwar X-Cops Death Piggy and Dave Brockie Experience) (d. 2014).
- Phil Mills: Welsh race car driver.
- Paul Oakenfold: English DJ and producer (Elementfour Planet Perfecto and Electra)
- Michael Chiklis: American actor, star of the TV police drama, "The Shield." In 2002, against steep odds, he won an Emmy for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series, and he won a Golden Globe award in January 2003 for Best Actor in a Drama Series. He graduated from Boston University College of Fine Arts in 1986. His shaven head and muscular body beautifully fit the role he plays of a detective leading an elite strike team that breaks as many laws as it enforces. Chiklis is married with 2 daughters named Autumn and Odes
- Hot Line communications link between Washington DC and Moscow begins.
- The Hotline between the leaders of the U.S.A. and the Soviet Union goes into operation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?