Sunday 27 April 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 27, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aminata Sow Fall and Fethullah Gülen.
The Return of Daniel Boone, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1941 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Aminata Sow Fall
- Fethullah Gülen: Turkish preacher and theologian.
- Lee Roy Jordan: American football player.
- Jan D: Blaauw; Dutch Member of Parliament (VVD).
- Jennings Michael Burch: American author.
- Judith Blegen: American soprano opera singer, she began voice lessons in 1955 and made a debut with the Philadelphia Orchestra in 1963.
- Friedrich Goldmann: Composer.
- Jennings Burch: American author (d. 2013).
- Pat Choate: American economist and academic.
- Lee Jordan: American football player.
- Guy Verrecchia: La Courneuve EXecutives.
- Judith Blegen in Missoula: Montana, USA; opera singer (Papagena - Magic Flute).
- Penelope Delta: Greek author (Born 1874).
- German troops occupy Athens, Greece.
- World War II: The Communist Party of Slovenia, the Slovene Christian Socialists, the left-wing Slovene Sokols (also known as ''National Democrats'') and a group of progressive intellectuals establish the Liberation Front of the Slovenian People.
- The breakfast cereal ''Cheerios'' is introduced as ''CheeriOats'' by General Mills.
- Orson Welles' film ''Citizen Kane'' premieres in New York City.
- The first Defense Bonds and Defense Savings Stamps go on sale in the United States, to help fund the greatly increased production of military equipment.