Monday 1 February 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Léon Gaultier and Maurice Guido.
The Italian, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1915 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Léon Gaultier
- Umberto Busani: Italian soccer player.
- Maurice Guido: French aviator, a fighter pilot in World War II who fought in the Normandie Niemen regiment.
- Philippe Peschaud: French officer from the 2nd Armored Division, who died on 8 May 2006 in Paris.
- Stanley Matthews: English footballer and manager (d. 2000).
- Alicia Rhett: American actress and painter (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Home, Sweet Home - Elsie Baker
- John McCormack - My Wild Irish Rose
- Sister Susie's Sewing Shirts for Soldiers - Billy Murray