Wednesday 1 January 1930, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaafar Muhammad Nimeiry and Werner Heiden.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1930 ?
- Gaafar Muhammad Nimeiry: Premier / President (Sudan).
- Werner Heiden: Composer.
- Gaafar al-Nimeiry: Sudanese politician (d. 2009).
- Bitti Bergamo: Italian tennis champ; killed in a car accident 10/12/1979, Prato, Italy.
- Jean-Pierre Duprey: French poet and sculptor, one of the modern examples of an accursed poet.
- Jean Duprey: France Writer
- Ty Hardin: American film actor
- Gaafar Nimeiry: Egyptian-Sudanese politician 4th President of the Sudan (d. 2009)
- Frederick Wiseman: American director and producer
- Earl Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to 2nd lieutenant
- Jurgens and Van den Berg merge with Lever Brothers to form Unilever.
- Early US radio comedy program The Cuckoo Hour debuts on NBC-Blue, created by Raymond Knight.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?