Wednesday 1 January 1930, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Wiseman and Bitti Bergamo.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1930 ?
- Frederick Wiseman: American director and producer.
- Bitti Bergamo: Italian tennis champ; killed in a car accident 10/12/1979, Prato, Italy.
- Gaafar al-Nimeiry: Sudanese politician (d. 2009).
- Jean-Pierre Duprey: French poet and sculptor, one of the modern examples of an accursed poet.
- Gaafar Muhammad Nimeiry: Premier / President (Sudan).
- Ty Hardin: American film actor.
- Gaafar Nimeiry: Egyptian-Sudanese politician 4th President of the Sudan (d. 2009).
- Jean Duprey: France Writer.
- Werner Heiden: Composer.
- Earl Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to 2nd lieutenant
- Jurgens and Van den Berg merge with Lever Brothers to form Unilever.
- Early US radio comedy program The Cuckoo Hour debuts on NBC-Blue, created by Raymond Knight.