Sunday March 09, 1986
US date format: 3/9/1986, UK date format: 9/3/1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 9, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Brittany Snow and Svetlana Shkolina.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Kyrie by Mr. Mister.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Rad, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Adrift by Steven Callahan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gauntlet II or King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 09, 1986?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- NASA announces searchers found remains of Challenger Astronauts
- 16th Easter Seal Telethon raises US$30,100,000.
- United States Navy divers find the largely intact but heavily damaged crew compartment of the Space Shuttle ''Challenger'' the bodies of all seven astronauts are still inside.
- Ned Calmer: TV host (In the First Person), dies at...
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 09, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Rene & Angela - Your Smile
- Meli'sa Morgan - Do Me Baby
- Force M.D.'s - Tender Love
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- Yarbrough & Peoples - Guilty
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Zapp - Computer Love
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 09If March 09, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 6 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 16 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?