Saturday 1 July 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Hatcher and Karen Black.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1939 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Charles Hatcher: (Rep-D-Georgia, 1981- ).
- Karen Black: American actress who had her first stage experience by age ten and continued to work on stage into the ‘60s.
- Delaney Bramlett: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Delaney & Bonnie) (d. 2008).
- Louis Davids [Simon David]: Cabaret performer / chorus performer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?