Thursday 1 July 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucidio Sentimenti and Henri Amouroux.
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1920 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Lucidio Sentimenti: Italy sport Champion.
- Henri Amouroux: France Writer.
- Harold Sakata: American professional wrestler (''Tosh Togo'') and actor (Born 1920).
- Washingston Senator Walter Johnson no-hits Boston Red Sox, 1-0
- Germany declares its neutrality in the war between Poland and Soviet Russia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll See You in C-U-B-A - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Nocturne in E Flat - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?