Monday 1 June 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken McMullen and John Allan Stewart.
The Phantom Plainsmen, directed by John English, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1942 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Ken McMullen
- John Allan Stewart
- Levern Tart
- Eric Nagler
- Tom Mankiewicz: Los Angeles, California -- Screenwriter (Diamonds are Forever).
- Paco Peña: Spanish guitarist and composer.
- Kenneth McMullen: American baseball player, who began his professional career in 1960 as a third baseman for the Dodgers.
- Bruce George: Welsh politician.
- Parveen Kumar: Pakistani-English physician and academic.