Friday 1 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Chérèque and Lisa Hartman.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
The Proud Ones, directed by Robert D. Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scaramouche.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1956 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- François Chérèque: French trade unionist, and former leader of the French trade union CFDT (French Democratic Confederation of Labour or Confédération française démocratique du travail).
- Lisa Hartman
- Patrick Besson
- Mircea Cartarescu
- Susan Wendlandt: German film producer, who, since 1992, is a partner in her father Horst Wendlandt’s Rialto Film company.
- Tom Irwin: Actor.
- Abdullah Çatlı: Turkish criminal (d. 1996).
- Lisa Black: American actress and singer.
- Gregg Harper: Politician.
- Lisa Hartman in Houston: Texas, USA; singer/actress (Tabitha, Knots Landing).
- Robin Mattson: American soap opera actor who has appeared in the three TV series.
- First international flight (to Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport - YUL) from the Atlanta Municipal Airport (ATL); now Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, and currently the world's busiest airport)
- Vyacheslav Molotov resigns as foreign minister of the Soviet Union he later becomes ambassador in Mongolia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?