Sunday 1 June 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Wood and Jonathan Pryce.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1947 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Ron Wood
- Jonathan Pryce: Welsh actor (Evita, Brazil, Praying Mantis).
- Patrick Grainville
- Ronnie Wood: English guitarist (Rolling Stones).
- Ron Dennis: English businessman founded the McLaren Group.
- OPA, which issued WWII rationing coupons, disbands
- Photosensitive glass developed
- The OPA, which issued WW II rationing coupons, disbands.