Tuesday 1 October 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Morrison and Oedoen Partos.
Mister Wiskey, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1907 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Barbara Morrison: Weston-Super-Mare, England -- Actress (Project Moonbase).
- Oedoen Partos: Composer.
- Hiram Fong: (Senator-California).
- Odon Partos: Hungarian-born Israeli violist and composer (d. 1977).
- Maurice Bardèche: French essayist, literary and art critic, journalist, and one of the leading exponents of neo-fascism in post–World War II Europe.
- Plaza Hotel (5th Av & 59th Str, NY) opens
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?