Monday 2 August 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Pauwels and Pierre Viansson-Ponté.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1920 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Louis Pauwels: French journalist and writer (d. 1997).
- Pierre Viansson-Ponté: French journalist, author, editor, leading political commentator & historian of the gaullist era in France.
- Theo Marcuse: Washington, United States -- Actor (Mara of Wilderness).
- George Cantlay: American military, major general.
- Bill Scott: cartoon voice (Mr Peabody, Bullwinkle), dies at age 65.
- Augustus Rowe: Canadian physician and politician (d. 2013).
- Robert Bobin: France sport Champion.
- Phyllis James: Mystery writer.
- Ormer Locklear: American pilot and actor (d. 1920).
- Marcus Garvey presents his Back To Africa program in New York City
- Irish War of Independence: The British Parliament passes a bill to restore order in Ireland, suspending jury trials.