Monday 2 December 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dagfinn H?ybraten and Dagfinn Høybråten.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Sayonara, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while San Francisco Bay by Harold Gilliam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 December 1957 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Dagfinn H?ybraten: Norwegian politician.
- Dagfinn Høybråten: Norwegian political scientist and politician Norwegian Minister of Health.
- Harrison Ford: American actor, one of Hollywood’s hottest male stars since 1983 for his role as Han Solo in the trilogy, "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi" made at three year intervals starting in 1977.
- Manfred Sakel: Ukrainian-American psychiatrist and physician (d. 1957).
- 1st US large scale nuclear power plant opens (Shippingport Penn)
- First US full-scale atomic electric power plant-power generated, Shippingport, Pennsylvania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?