Friday 20 December 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Vissi and Billy Bragg.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Stay Alive All Your Life by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 December 1957 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Anna Vissi: Cypriot singer-songwriter and actress (Epikouri).
- Billy Bragg: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mike Watt (musician)
- Joyce Hyser: American actress.
- Anita Baker [Ward] in Detroit: Michigan, USA; vocalist (Rapture).
- Mike Watt: American musician, base player for the Minutemen from 1979 until guitarist D. Boon's accidental death on December 23, 1985.
- Stephen Bicknell: British organ builder and scholar (d. 2007).
- Elvis Presley given draft notice to join US Army for National Service
- The Boeing 707 airliner flies for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?