Sunday December 22, 1957
US date format: 12/22/1957, UK date format: 22/12/1957
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 22, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Ricky Ross and Annie Lemoine.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Naya Daur, directed by B.R. Chopra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Those Without Shadows by Francoise Sagan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 26 Men.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 22, 1957?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- See more
- KWRB (now KFNE) TV channel 10 in Lander-Riverton, WY (ABC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 22, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Sport Games on December 22, 1957
- Detroit Lions - San Francisco 49ers : 31 - 27
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Chicago Cardinals : 27 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free