Tuesday 17 December 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Hudson and Jacques-Michel Huret.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Naya Daur, directed by B.R. Chopra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Jubilee by Edward Weeks and Emily Flint was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1957 ?
- Earl Hudson: American drummer (Bad Brains).
- Jacques-Michel Huret: French architect, he attended the "Beaux-Arts" in Nancy.
- Wendy Hoyte: English sprinter.
- Bob Ojeda: American baseball player and coach.
- US successfully test-fires Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile.
- The United States successfully launches the first Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?