Sunday 1 December 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Poland and Patrick Bissell.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Peyton Place, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Day Christ Died by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1957 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Chris Poland: American guitarist and songwriter (Megadeth Circle Jerks Damn the Machine and OHM).
- Patrick Bissell: American ballet principal with the American Ballet Theater who made a rapid rise, was an outstanding dancer and was sensational on stage.
- Colin Mochrie: Actor.
- Deep Roy: Movie Actor.
- Vesta Williams: American singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2011).
- In Indonesia, Sukarno announces the nationalization of 246 Dutch businesses.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?