Wednesday 25 December 1957, Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jillie Mack and Shane MacGowan.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to April Love by Pat Boone.
Teenage Monster, directed by Jacques R. Marquette, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Please Don'T Eat The Daisies by Jean Kerr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sie schreiben mit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1957 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Jillie Mack: British actress and dancer married to American actor Tom Selleck.
- Shane MacGowan: Irish musician.
- Shane McGowan: Rock vocalist (Pogues-Red Roses For Me).
- Hamid Karzai: Statesman.
- Chris Kamara: English footballer and commentator.
- Jean-Jacques Court: French musher, and France's most successful sled dog racer.
- Jan Rot: Dutch composer / writer (Wrong Nights).
- Ed Gein found insane of murder
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?