Thursday 19 December 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liz Glazowski and Doug Johnson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1957 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Liz Glazowski: Chicago, Illinois -- Playmate (April, 1980).
- Doug Johnson: rock keyboardist (Loverboy - "Get Lucky").
- Cyril Collard: French actor.
- Jean-François Rodriguez: French racing cyclist, who rode in four editions of the Tour de France and two editions of the Giro d'Italia.
- John Gulager: American actor director and cinematographer.
- Kevin McHale: American basketball player coach and manager
- John W Van Druten: US stage/screenwriter (I Remember Mama), dies at age 56.
- Music Man opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 1375 performances
- The Music Man, starring Robert Preston, opens at Majestic Theater in New York City for 1375 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?