Friday 6 December 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 6, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Hanzlik and Adrian Borland.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Witness for the Prosecution, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Gallant Mrs. Stonewall by Harnett T. Kane was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1957 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Bill Hanzlik: American basketball Head Coach, Nuggets.
- Adrian Borland: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Sound and The Outsiders) (d. 1999).
- Lee Siegel: Critic.
- Luis Mariano Delis Fournier: Cuba -- Discus thrower (1980 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Luis Delís: Cuban discus thrower and shot putter.
- 1st US attempt to launch a satellite fails-Vanguard rocket blows up
- AFL-CIO votes to expel Teamsters (readmitted in October 1987).
- Indonesia begins nationalizing Dutch possessions.
- Project Vanguard: A launchpad explosion of Vanguard TV3 thwarts the first United States attempt to launch a satellite into Earth orbit.
- First US attempt to launch a satellite fails - Vanguard rocket blows up.
- First U.S. attempt to launch a satellite fails, the rocket blowing up on the launch pad.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?