Friday 6 December 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Mariano Delis Fournier and Bill Hanzlik.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Peyton Place, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aktuelle Schaubude.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1957 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Luis Mariano Delis Fournier: Cuba -- Discus thrower (1980 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Bill Hanzlik: American basketball Head Coach, Nuggets.
- Adrian Borland: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Sound and The Outsiders) (d. 1999).
- Luis Delís: Cuban discus thrower and shot putter.
- 1st US attempt to launch a satellite fails-Vanguard rocket blows up
- AFL-CIO votes to expel Teamsters (readmitted in October 1987).
- Indonesia begins nationalizing Dutch possessions.
- Project Vanguard: A launchpad explosion of Vanguard TV3 thwarts the first United States attempt to launch a satellite into Earth orbit.
- First US attempt to launch a satellite fails - Vanguard rocket blows up.
- First U.S. attempt to launch a satellite fails, the rocket blowing up on the launch pad.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 December 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?