Saturday 2 June 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark L Polansky and Malcolm Garrett.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Locomotive Chase, directed by Francis Lyon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Night To Remember by Walter Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Rosemary Clooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1956 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Mark L Polansky: Paterson, New Jersey -- Pilot / Astronaut.
- Malcolm Garrett: English graphic designer.
- Jan Lammers: Dutch race car driver.
- Mani Ratnam: Indian director producer and screenwriter.
- Jean Hersholt: Actress (Emma, Grand Hotel, Greed), dies at 69.
- Yugoslav President Tito visits Moscow
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?